The Law School uses Duke's ePrint services but has its own special queue called ePrint-Law-BW. To install Law's ePrint software visit the software download page. To learn more about Duke's ePrint service, visit OIT's ePrint page. Be sure to download the software from the law school software download page to get our printer drivers. (Linux users should be able to print following OIT's instructions, substituting our queue name, ePrint-Law-BW.)
The law school provides a $150 quota per semester to law students for black-and-white printing ($0.04 per sheet of paper, whether printed single or double-sided). When your quota goes below $20, additional funds are automatically added overnight. If you have any problems with your quota, contact the help desk.
ePrint stations are located on every floor of the Law Library and outside the library on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors. You will need your Duke Card to print. Please click here to see printer locations.
You can follow these instructions to set up double-sided printing on your computer.
Using the Lexmark Printers
Once you have sent a printer job to ePrint-Law-BW, you just need to swipe your card at the printer where you wish to have your job printed. Most of our Lexmark printers have LCD screens that give access to ePrint release software.
To release a print job for printing, follow these steps:
1. If the screen is blank, touch the screen. Touch the "ePrint" button to start the process. (With an external release station, move the mouse.)
2. Swipe your DukeCard.
3. Your pending jobs are now displayed. You can leave unreleased jobs up to 24 hours before they are deleted from the queue.
4. Select your print job(s) by selecting the checkbox. You may select multiple jobs by selecting multiple checkboxes.
5. Click on the “Print” button to release the jobs for printing.
6. Wait for your job(s) to print. If the print-out is not successful, you have 15 minutes to "re-print" at any of our B&W printers before a released job is deleted from the queue.
7. Click on the “Delete” button to cancel any job(s) you do not want to print.
All B&W printers are Lexmark Printers and most are located within the law library. The Threeoutside of the Law Library are the printer near the Student Records Office, Room 2027, and the printer located directly across from the Law Library on the third and fourth floors near the stairs. All printers print 8.5 X 11 (Letter) and hold two thousand pieces of paper. The W850 (1A) also supports larger paper sizes. There is also a color printer in the DPR, but note that it charges directly against your Flex account (no law school-provided quota).
1A - ePrint
|Level 1, near center stairs|
1B - ePrint
|Level 1, west end near rear elevator|
|2A - ePrint||Level 2, near center stairs|
2B - ePrint
|Level 2, west end near rear elevator|
|3A - ePrint||Document Production Room (3210)|
|3B - ePrint||Document Production Room (3210)|
3C - ePrint
|Directly across from the Law Library on the third floor near the stairs|
|4A - ePrint||Level 4, near center stairs|
|4B - ePrint||Level 4, west end near rear elevator|
|4C - ePrint||Level 4, directly above 3C|
|StudentRecords - ePrint||Hallway adjacent to Student Records Office (2027)|
Questions or problems: contact the Academic Technologies help desk staff at the Library Service Desk, e-mail to email@example.com or call 919-613-7072.